Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 1

We arrived in Ireland today after a seven-hour plane ride from Philadelphia. The trip went surprisingly well. We got to eat and sleep, which were my two main goals. The scenery was amazing when we first saw Ireland. There were a lot of farms and it was very green.

When we first arrived today, in order to keep us all awake, we went shopping and to the park. I got a lot of photographs for my web project on Irish fashion. Then we went to Trinity College where they keep the Book of Kells. There was also a huge library full of books. I have never seen so many books in one place in all my life. There were thousands of books—rows upon rows of them.

Next we went to the Dublin Castle, which is better defined as an estate than a castle. It was full of history; I learned so much. The furniture and woodwork were also amazing. Tonight, we all went out to eat at the oldest pub in Ireland. The food there was great.

Now it is time for bed. I have the luck of the Irish on my mind, so I’m sure those thoughts will give me great dreams.

1 comment: