Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 2 - Morning

This morning we had a lecture on the Irish print and broadcasting media. It was an overview of the Irish newspapers, TV channels, and radio stations. The speaker was Rodrick Flinn. He was very interesting and knowledgeable. He gave us a lot of information about print journalism such as: fifty percent of all Irish people buy newspapers, the main newspapers are printed nation-wide (not by city like in the U.S.), and the Irish do not rely on the internet to get their news. He also told us that the Irish people only own five stations on TV. The rest of the stations come from overseas, like the United States and Britain. Overall, I learned a lot.

For lunch I went to O'Brien's. They had great sandwiches and soup. I noticed that the meat is a little different here. It is less processed than in the U.S., but still tastes great. Then, we went on a Hop On-Hop Off Dublin Tour Bus. It was very interesting. I compare it to the Just Ducky Tours in Pittsburgh. The tour guide told us about the city and some of the buildings. It was full of history, and I took many photos. Chelsea and I stopped at the Temple Bar. I got a Bailey's coffee; it was very warm on a chilly day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment